Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What criteria would you use to evaluate the authenticity and credibility of the information in a web site?

To evaluate the authenticity and credibility of the information in a web site, first thing I would do is look at who wrote the information. If someone credible, like a college professor, wrote the information, I would believe the information online and assume it's true. However, if someone like an elementary student wrote the information, I would assume it's not true and go to a different web site. Second thing I would do is compare the information with 2 to 3 more web sites. If all the web sites says the same thing, I would trust the information in the web site. But if one of the web site says something different, I would go to more web sites and find out which one is ture. Lastly, I would look at the comments made by other readers or used of the web site. If the comments are positive and the reviews are high, I would trust it. If the comments are negative and the reviews are low, I wouldn't believe it and go to different web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment